Sunday, March 22, 2015

Print O' the Day

I have been a woman possessed for the last two days.  I did this ink sketch to map out my next piece. 
 
I made a great playlist and put myself in a carving trance.
 
 If you looked closely you'd see The Hip cued up there. I'm a good Canadian girl at heart after all. 
I went from morning until 2 am last night, got up and went back at it this morn, and by late this afternoon I'd finished not just carving the plate but had 10 prints drying on the rack. I love having access to a press 24/7!  I'm going to have to start scouting for one of these back home. 
Here's a blurry pic of the pulled print (my iPhone is still not speaking to the Internet here, so no good camera) 
I'm looking forward to getting some colour on it. I think the blue of the sky will be really fun to see, and will change the way the space reads pretty significantly. 

And now I've started another one that is a total departure from what I've been doing.  Suffice it to say it's not a cityscape. It'll be fun to do, and shouldn't take too long so I'll post soon. 

No comments: